Saturday, March 5, 2011

Living Near an Airport

I knew it would freak me out initially, but I kind of did it on purpose. I chose to live a few miles from an airport.  I am right near the landing path for planes, and I hope that the constant exposure to planes will help me accept them. I can't say that it has been life changing, however, it does appear to be helping a little bit. It is a little neat to watch the planes land.  Kind of amazing actually.

The thing that still freaks me out a bit is that the Air Force does a lot of practice flights around here.  When they start doing their drills, it can get quite loud, and my mind starts imagining all sorts of crash scenarios. Multiple planes crashing into my apartment, multiple planes crashing onto roads, people screaming, etc.  When this starts to happen, I try to say,"STOP!  What is happening at this moment?"  Usually I'm just hearing loud noises, which is to be expected.  That's it.  No biggie.  I'm trying not to worry when I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment