Thursday, March 10, 2011

Overdrive

If you have a fear of flying, you probably know what I am referring to with the post title.  Your mind on overdrive. Life with an overactive imagination.

My mind is on overdrive lately with work, and it reminds me of what happens when I attempt to fly.  I think of every little thing, it freaks me out, and I go through various stages of anxiety, depression, and guilt.

Anxiety - You are first anxious about you are going to do or need to do.
Depression - You are depressed when you don't think you can do it or end up not doing it.
Guilt - A wave of guilt comes washing over you as soon as you realize you didn't do it.

I have to start with the self talk:

Is anyone perfect?  No. 
Is anyone analyzing what I do as much as I am?  No.
Do we all make mistakes? Yes.
Should I chill out?  Yes.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit..I am like you..My mind runs in high gear. Then I have to stop, take a deep breath and say a few prayers about trusting in the Lord..Of course everyone does their own thing, but this works for me..

    ReplyDelete